Saturday 20 October 2007

Our very own Chloe.

Okay first of all let me say a big congratulations to one of our design team members.
Chloe won the Scrapbook Inspirations Best of British New Talent. Have to say i am not surprised!!
So congratulations!!

So without further ado i introduce you to Chloe.


My name is Chloe, I'm 25 and I live in Coventry, though I'm originally from Sutton near London (and I miss my family and the South loads!). I live with my partner and three little cats, Bert, Ernie and Elmo and I work as a history teacher at a local secondary school. Scrapbooking started as my way of relaxing after a very busy day and has now grown into an obsession.

5 questions:

Ten facts about me:
- My favourite programme is Agatha Christie's Poirot (very sad, I know!)

- I love eating Cadburys chocolate with mint chips straight out of the fridge

- I think Brad Pitt is the most gorgeous man alive (but I have randomly had crushes on Damon Albarn, James Stewart, Richard Beckinsale, Ewan McGregor and Russell Crowe at various times in my life. A strange mix, I know)

- I have a first in History and Politics from Warwick Uni

- My favourite book is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (but I also love Jane Austen, Thomas Hardy, Kate Atkinson and anything by Terry Pratchett)

- I have a collection of cuddly toys which live in my spare bedroom

- I would love to live in Brighton one day (and I'm very jealous of my friend who does!)

- I spend ridiculous amounts of time on the computer reading about scrapping!

- I love sixties music

- My favourite feature is my smile.

When did you start scrapbooking?

I started scrapbooking about a year ago - I had been cardmaking for about a year before that after discovering it on QVC when that was one of the only channels I could pick up on my digi box in my student house!
I really liked the idea of rubber stamping and my first craft purchase ever was a set of Hero Arts stamps and inks. This quickly started a love affair with rubber stamping which carried through into my scrapbooking, though now I much prefer to use clear stamps, especially Autumn Leaves ones.

How do you organise your albums?

This answer to this is a bit haphazardly! I have two 8.5x11 scrapbooks - one is a book of me, the other is a book about my cats - though I have to admit that I haven't gone too far in filling those up yet as I prefer to scrap in 12x12 format.
I have a holiday album which I add to every time I get around to scrapping my latest holiday snaps (and which contains my embarrassing earliest works). I have a 'growing up' album which includes all my childhood photos and memories. This album is now bulging at the seams so I will have to buy another one for this theme pretty soon. The rest of my albums really fall into a 'general' theme and they are far less organised.
They contain anything from celebration snaps to pics of my friends and family or days out. I would really like to start organising these into years but I have too few albums to do this at the moment and I'd rather spend my money on more stash to create the layouts!
I plan to start a 'heritage' album in the future, scrapping all the old photos that my mum has of the family.
What are your thought processes when you start a page?

I rarely begin a page without either sketching it first or having a clear idea in my head of what the final layout will look like. I find this makes it easier to ensure that the photos and journalling are balanced and the overall look is appealing. However, some of my best work has simply fallen together with me moving around elements on a page - these are often the easiest pages to complete.

I nearly always work with a plain cardstock as a base and organise blocks of pattern on the top - I find this gives a nice base for any stamping I want to do on a page. I admit that I find journalling quite easy - I usually have plenty to say about a photo and almost always write in my own handwriting - I think this gives a page a really personal touch.
What is your favourite manufacturer?

This is a definite draw between Scenic Route and Basic Grey - I love them both for their different looks - one is clean, the other distressed but both perfect in their different ways. And of course, Autumn Leaves for my stamps.


And here is a peak into her scrappy area!!!





No comments: