Wednesday 3 September 2008

Creative Imaginations Narratives

When Vanessa sent me some sheets of Creative Imaginations Narratives diecut cardstock, I set about creating a girlie layout which made use of the decorative elements of this unique cardstock.



First, I took a piece of dark pink cardstock and created a background 'frame' using white paint. I have also cut away a section of cardstock which will lie under my design to use for my title lettering - you could always use a different sheet in the same colour if you have one.





When the paint is dry, cut a piece of the Narratives cardstock in half and place across the page, leaving a bit of overhang on one side. I like to take my designs off the page when they have pretty edges, but if you are concerned about preserving the page you could always cut away the excess neatly. I used a Making Memories journalling sheet to create a backdrop for my title.



Next I positioned my photograph, then used a stapler to affix some ribbon and paper trims across the page underneath the photograph.







To create the flower, I took a pink and black dotted flower, then layered it with a flower image stamped on old book paper, and a button threaded with dark pink thread. I stamped a few swirls on the backdrop, then put the flower into position.





The title was stamped using the Autumn Leaves Freestyle alphabet on the cardstock I cut away at the start, cut out carefully and affixed with foam pads. I added a border stamp using Autumn Leaves new On the Edge stamp set at the top of the photo for extra interest.







Finally, a few 7Gypsies stickers were added to the edge of the photo and my journalling was written directly on the painted backdrop completed my page.






No comments: