Thursday 27 November 2008

Something pretty???

Over the last few months i have seen these altered frames everywhere on scrapbooking galleries and message boards. I have loved them and drooled over some of them, and filed it in my 'MUST DO' pile in my scrapbooking room.

I love the fact that are made by doing something i love the best in scrapbooking. Cutting up small bits of pretty paper, using embellishments that are lying around and make something pretty. Something that has no rules or guidelines, just using things that i love.


So i went out and bought myself a shadow box picture frame. THe size of this one is to fit a print size - 10 by 8 inches. You do need a shadow frame to make one of these if you are going to use bulky embellishements like i have, ie chipboard and ghost shapes.

The square sizes for the frame that i did where 4 inches by 4 inches. After i had cut them out i used a distresser and distressed all the sides of each square and then inked them with brown ink so that each square stood out on the white background. I then added faux stitching around each individual square.



The pattern papers that i used are the gorgeous Urban Prairie line from Basic Grey and some scraps of cardstock.



I then covered some raw chipboard letters with this pattern paper...





And volia you have a very pretty frame which i bet any young girl would love ( especially using these papers) but i am going to keep mine and put it up on my wall in my scrapbooking room.

3 comments:

Monique Liedtke said...

What a marvellous frame you made!! I fully understand why you want to keep it! It makes me wish I had a scrap room too!!

Anonymous said...

Oh i love this, just did a card v.similar!!

Anonymous said...

Oh i love this, just did a card v.similar!!