Monday 15 December 2008

Snowy Jo

For some reason I have trouble using Christmassy papers, so I asked Wendy to choose a Christmas line to send me to play with.
She sent the Snowy Jo range, by Imaginisce, which are lovely heavyweight papers, all with some glitter decoration on one side.

And here is what I did with it...

I love layers, so they feature heavily on this layout.
First I took the Santas Secret Garden paper, and used a decorative edge rip and tear ruler to cut it down to size- I took about half an inch off each edge. Then I inked the edges.

Next I stuck this onto a piece of co-ordinating cardstock.

The layers on the page I tore as with the first piece, I used Jingle Baubles and Snow Soiree. One pieces was to fit the entire width of the page; one a little smaller and narrower; and one to mat a 6"x4" photo. Ink all edges and stick onto the page.

I then sanded the edges of the photo and matted it onto some green cardstock.

To embellish the page I cut an assortment of scalloped circles and retro flowers using punches.

A few of these shapes I tucked under the edges of some of the layers, the rest I layered together to make my own 3-D embellishments.

And using one of the Tinsel Tag Stickers I added a spot of journalling.

For the title I used American Crafts Vinyl Thickers - White Sprinkles.

The last stage was to ass some glitter and sparkle- I certainly put a bottle of Stickles to good use here!

And here is the whole page...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is lovely Angie, so pretty.

Anonymous said...

beautiful layout. love the embellies! :)

-sarah

Mrsjobee said...

Stunning - haven't been able to cut into my papers yet.