Thursday 8 January 2009

Do you use blogger?

I am a big lover of Blogger. It is quick and easy to use, which is good if you are not computer savy like me! lol. One of the best features from blogger that i love is that you can make your own header.

There are loads of websites around that you can download pre made ones, which i have to admit that i have done in the past.But i wanted to make my own one. My only problem with doing this was that i was never computer savy enough to make it the right size so it fitted across the top. Then i discovered that ( and this is probably me being behind the times) there was a clever button on blogger that you pressed to make your artwork fit into the banner space. So no fancy messing about with photoshop or another programe to make it fit!!!!

So i set about making my own one for my personal blog. And then i wanted to make one for here!!! just for fun as these things are very addictive!!!!

Here is how i made it...

i cut out a piece of white card and used that as the base for page. The size of this is 21.5 by 12.5 cm. I chose some pattern paper for the sky and the grass and then just had fun. Seriously this project keep me happy for a few hours. I just had fun with the flowers and trees.



Though now i wish i had added another tree on the right hand side of the shop! *sigh* isnt hindsight a wonderful thing!!! lol. It is a bit late now though! *edited to add, yep went back and add that!!!*


This one may change over the coming weeks as i tinker with it and add stuff, but seriously they are really fun and easy to do and i made it all with the scraps from my paper box!

WHy dont you have a try and make one for your blog!

5 comments:

hotpotato said...

I love it Wendy, would also make a great New Home card....

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new header, well done!

Anonymous said...

Thats great...love it. But where are the ducks? And what is the clever button? I'm having this problem right now! x

Jane said...

I want to do the same so thanks for the info, I bet I still can't do it though!!

stephanie garbett said...

ooh way to go wendy i must make me one xx