Saturday 21 March 2009

Mothers Day Card - LYB Love Letters

Here is a quick and easy Mothers Day card I made using the Love Letters range by Little Yellow Bicycle.

I didn't have any card ready to use to decorate, so the first thing I did was cut some Bazzill cardstock to size using an envelope as a guide.

Taking the Kiss with Border paper, I cut a piece to size to fit within the front of the folded card.
To cut, I used my Woodware paper trimmer.

Into the patterned paper I punched three flowers, using the EK Success Retro Flower Whale of a Punch.


Next I cut a small rectangle of the Kiss Lace paper, big enough to go behind the punched flowers.


For the wording I used a small piece of the reverse of the Grey Damask paper. The letters used are American Crafts Lax White Thickers; and Making Memories Tiny Alpha stickers.

Now I had a problem.
I just couldn't get the card to look right- the wording block ended up a little too big as I had intended- so I turned the whole card around 90 degrees.
I cut a strip to fir across the width of the card; and decorated using one of the Clear Border stickers.

I stuck the With Love card on top....

... and lastly added a few gems to add a little sparkle. I used Kaisercraft Silver Rhinestones.
You could carry on adding as much or little decoration as you like to this, and of course you could use all manner of papers and colours to suit your Mothers taste!

Happy Mothers Day!

2 comments:

Paint'n'photo said...

That is a lot of work for a card!
But it looks really nice.

Alyssa said...

So beautiful.. Thankyou so much for the step by step xx
♥ Lys