Monday 11 May 2009

Adding extra detail to plain embellishments - part 1

I am a bit of an embellishment freak and I just love jazzing up plain embellishments

Using a paint marker i drew round the groove in the button

I stuck the button onto a prima daisy flower using glossy accents


Then i took 2 pieces of ribbon and tied them together

I pushed 2 pins through the ribbon knot


And stuck the ribbon and pins onto the centre of the button with glossy accents

I took a chipboard heart and lighty inked the edges using a Cats Eye Fluid Chalk Orchid - Pastel

I then stuck the button embellishment onto the chipboard heart


I used my heart embellishment on this LO


9 comments:

Jo Power said...

what a lovely embelishment and a great idea that I might have to have a go at. Thank you for the inspiration. xx

Anne said...

That's lovely and you make it look so easy. I'll give it a try ~ although I'm a bit worried about having sharp pins in my album!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it!!!! Looks fantastic and what a great idea. I love the pins.

Belynda-Lee said...

oh wow what a terrific embellishment hun, super cute. xo

GlitteryKatie said...

FAB!!!

Stacey said...

I am ohhhhing and ahhhing over your heart embellishment and the layout!!! Doing a happy dance and I can't wait to try it tonight when I have time to scrap. Thanks so much for the step by step. I love it!!!!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Stunning layout and beautiful detail with the embelishment brilliant ,hugs Dawnxxx

lottie said...

Thanks for that - what a great idea

Off to catch up on your older posts - glad I found you.

Yasmin said...

That's a great embellishment. Made so much more easier by your easy to follow instructions. Thanks