Tuesday 18 August 2009

Jenni Bowlin Bingo Cards

It can sometimes be difficult to know how to use the giant Jenni Bowlin bingo cards. They look great, and come in a variety of designs and themes - but a huge card like this could look overpowering. However, when I received this 'Mine' card with a love theme, I knew that it would make a perfect backdrop for a layout about my other half, with the card forming part of the title of my layout.

I wanted to give the layout a really 3D feel, and accomplished this with a generous layering of sticky foam pads - several layered up at once in some places! Both the bingo card and photo are layered up with foam pads, and the rainbows are layered up on top of these. The background cardstock and little rainbows are from a sheet of paper in the Fancy Pants Kraft range - it was easy to make embellishments to match by cutting them from the same paper!



I did my journalling on a sheet of Making Memories spiral notebook paper - I use these so much as journalling is such an important part of my layouts, so I can never have enough journalling cards and papers (though I will happily just write all over the backdrop of my layout if no journalling items are to hand!).


The only other items in this simple layout are some Making Memories tiny alpha stickers (another staple supply for me at the moment) and some gem stones for a touch of bling. I'm thrilled with how this layout turned out - it's such a dimensional layout, but was so straightforward to create.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Nina said...

I love it! I am totally adicted to those MM stickers - I have just blogged about it too!

Sarah xx said...

This is a really cute LO. I like the way you cut out the little rainbows, and as for those letter stickers - don't get me started, they are fab fab fab!! xxx

Rachel said...

love this so much so i came out of my igoogle world to leave a comment xx

Ann said...

I love this layout! And the 3D elements make it come to life - great!

Rebekah said...

I knew I should have bought more of them when I was in the shop on Tuesday!! Wish I had now- great idea x

lisa said...

That looks great. Love the 3d effect.