Wednesday 17 March 2010

Grunge paper and felt

I was sent some grunge paper and felt this month and I must admit that I was a bit puzzled on what to do with them both for a while after a bit of thought I decided to make a birthday card.


I drew a very random scallop rectangle on the reverse of the grunge paper


I cut around the scallops and cut out a rectangle from the centre to make a frame.




Here is the embossed frame


I lightly inked the frame
Next I decided to use glimmer mists on the frame.


I put down lots of paper towel on my work surface as I wanted to use lots of glimmer mist and I knew it would get messy.


First I sprayed purple glimmer mist onto my frame.

Then I used Iridescent Gold glimmer mist

And finally I used pink taffy




Using so much glimmer mist left lots of pools of colour on the frame. I left the frame til it was dry and here is my finished frame.



Next I took a piece of purple felt and cut it to the size of the card I was using



I cut out a cake case shape from the grunge paper and embossed with Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Distressed Stripes

Then I painted the cup case shape white.



I used some pink felt to cut out the top of the cake


I used white opal liquid pearls and cotton candy and lavender stickles to create the cake sprinkles



I cut a candle in half and stuck behing the felt cake top

Then i sewed some sequins to the felt


I angled my frame and stuck over the cupcake on the felt


Then I attached the felt to my blank card


All I need to do is add a greeting and my card is finished

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Brilliant!!!! Jo x

lisa said...

Some really cool ideas. I've never thought of doing that with my embossing folders x

Heather said...

This is so cute!

Deana said...

Wow, so cute! Love it!

Traceyr said...

Great card. Never worked with grungepaper before but I like what you have done with it. Maybe I should invest in some and have a play with it.

Loving the sequins and felt combo!

:)