Monday 15 March 2010

Ways with Chipboard

Do you ever feel stumped as to what you can do with chipboard?
It's quite amazing what you can do to transform these plain looking little pieces below.
Here are some step by step instructions to make this little card above.

Firstly, choose your chipboard.


I like to ink the edges for good definition.


I've then spray misted mine using the Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists.
These are great fun, just make sure you have something protective underneath your project. I use an old 12x12 box.

If you haven't got any sprays to hand, you could use paints, inks or even pencils.


I then laid a piece of card over my chipboard which had random holes punched out, then sprayed over the top with another Glimmer Mist in a contrasting colour.
You then get this effect.

Once this has dried, I used some glossy accents over the top of my red dots. This then takes a while to dry properly. Once it has, I've re-inked the edges again and pieced together on the card.

This would also look good as an embellishment on a LO.

1 comment:

Dotty Jo said...

Great effect - thanks! Jo x