Saturday 19 February 2011

Age your Page...

The last of my pieces made with the gorgeous new Je t'Adore line is this shaped page. I have used lots of aging and distressing techniques which are all very simple, but also effective!

Firstly, on my page I echoed the brown rock walls in the photo by covering some Technique Tuesday Swanky Frames in wet tissue paper, Mod Podge, and glimmer mist

*TIP: I spritzed the moulded frames with the glimmer mists before they dried so that the dry Mod Podge wouldn't resist the colour*


Anyway, the first aging technique I used was this worn stitching effect. Simply poke some holes around the edge of some paper, and use a needle and thread to stitch cotton through a few of the holes. Use a pair of scissors to roughly tear the thread, rather than using a neat cut, and leave the ends frayed and hanging. Repeat this in and out of a few holes randomly around your paper. Gently tugging on the thread will also distress the holes and add to the effect.



Secondly, I used decoupage style layering. Many flowery papers now-a-days are perfect for cutting out and layering up, as a vintage style embellishment. I use silicone glue to raise elements up.


Lastly, to really simply distress almost every element of your page, just use a brown ink pad and gently brush the edges of everything. Tearing or sanding edges before doing this really works well too!


Once my page was complete, I mounted it all onto a 12" x 12" sheet of acetate to support it so I could show it off at home!

No comments: