Saturday 26 February 2011

October Afternoon Campfire

I'm a huge fan of the October Afternoon paper ranges, and even though I'm not exactly an outdoors sort of person, when I received the Campfire papers I knew they would be versatile enough for me to create some fantastic pages.

I'm really into yellow at the moment, and decided to create a bright and cheery page for this photo of my in-laws enjoying a tea break at the seafront in Bembridge last year. I wanted to really layer up the details and create a 3-dimensional look for this page - here is how I did it.

I cut the backing paper from the Camp Stove paper, and inked the edges with Scattered Straw Distress Ink before mounting it on some yellow Bazzill. I layered up a range of different ribbons, tickets and punched paper pieces at the bottom of the layout, before mounting a journalling card and my photograph on top of these.




I added the title using American Crafts chipboard Thickers - I never bother to be too careful about lining them up as I think this adds to the charm of the page.




I created a small butterfly flourish with some butterfly paper shapes punched from the reverse of the Camp Stove paper and used some tiny sticky gems to form trails. The chipboard is from an old Scenic Route range.








I added the date using an October Afternoon date sticker, some Making Memories Tiny Alphas and layered these on another punched butterfly.


The finishing touch was to define the photo using an Autumn Leaves border stamp inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Gorgeous page! I love that line too & am waiting to do "something" with it. Not sure what yet. We go camping every year (although I hate it!) so I'm sure I can find some pics.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh wow this is stunning~ I love the trim and how you stapled it to your project. Beautiful.