Friday 25 March 2011

Wall Art

Hello, Lisa with you today : )

I've recently been making more and more items for my home. I make all these lovely layouts and then they get stored away in albums. Such a shame. So I've decided to have more things on display.

I picked up some cheap frames on Ebay and very roughly painted them over using some white acrylic paint.
So I'll show you what I've done with them.



They really are quite diddy, the photos are only 6x6cm.
I removed the glass and carefully used that as a template for cutting my cardstock to size before throwing the glass away.

The edges of the cardstock where then inked along with the edges of my photos.



I've chosen a Prima Marketing Stamp for this project.
If you haven't seen these stamps, take a look here. I highly recommend them. They are bargains! I love that you get a row of diamantes with these stamps too : )

As you can see from the photo below, once I inked my cardstock, I used the same ink for my stamp and pressed it onto the centre of the cardstock. I used a Tattered Angels Glimmer mist next.This one 'Olive Vine' to be precise.
I just did one spray on each piece.



After sticking my photo in place (once the ink and mist have dried)I cut a couple of flowers out of this patterned paper from My Minds Eye. And then added a clear button.




I have doddled in black ink around the edges, so everything stands out better.



And that's it. Two more frames to hang.
Thanks for stopping by.

Lisa x

2 comments:

Emma said...

very effective Lisa, love it!

P.S word verification was INKYerst, hehe

Patrice said...

Great idea!