Monday 26 September 2011

sketch time...

Are you a big lover of using sketches...i myself love them but find it hard...to adapt the sketch to my style of scrapbooking...but sometimes i get a sketch that i love and use it over and over again...

Today and for a few months, design team member Kim and i are going to give you a sketch and show you how we used it. Though i have to say i have this one easy as the sketch is a 12 by 12 and Kim scraps 8 1/2 by 11...so she has had to change it up a bit...
Here is the sketch...

I created this sketch a long time ago and as i said it is one that i love and have used over and over again...here are some old samples of pages i used for this...some of these you will have seen on the wall at papermaze.

This is done using various Cosmo Cricket collections...i just grabbed all my bags of cosmo cricket that i had and picked out the most brightest colours that i could find...

I used this sketch again on this page...

On this one, i added bits around the outside of sketch....i used some old Echo Park...one of my favourite lines from them called For the Record
And then there is this one...

again all made from the same sketch....sometimes i have moved some of the elements of it up and down a bit but basically they are all the same.

So to the new challenge of this sketch...here is my new one....

 And here is Kim's take on the sketch...as you can see totally different to any of them that i did or have done with it.!!!

I love how she used the flowers as the circles...it just show you how two different scrappers can interpret one sketch differently!!!!! 

Next month Kim has made up a sketch for us to use....see how they turned out then!

2 comments:

Anita said...

What a great sketch and some gorgeous example pages from it from both of you.

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

I absolutely loved this sketch (and your examples) when I saw it! I used it to make this layout: http://birdsofafeatherkitco.ning.com/photo/no-3/prev?context=latest

...and will certainly use it again!