Thursday 30 August 2012

August kit take 2

Being the crafter that I am I don't always buy kits as some of the product enclosed just isn't my style....so, what to do with paper and cardstock that you've been given or bought that really isn't you anymore?

Get out the inks...

This is what I've created with a pink piece of the cardstock in the main August kit...


After cutting my card stock to size I've spritzed the three different dylsuion spray inks....blotted, then sprayed again, using paint I've added rings, and then using a brick prima stamp I've added a few stamped images.  The butterflies from the kit and the wooden button have all been spritzed with the inks.... The centre piece is another one of the rubons with a flower cut from glassine paper using the tattered florals die and again coloured using dylsions inks...

inside:-
I've created some sections using some more sprayed cardstock so that goodies can be placed inside, either for a gift or for storage.

Using the Tim Holtz tag die I cut a tag from a piece of the patterned paper...


using the summer distress inks I've added a bit of colour.....The rosette was made using a further piece of the same paper coloured with the distress inks.....the centre was hi-lighted by added glossy accents to create a raised dome.  The centre of the book plate (cut along with the tag) was cut into a tag and adhered to the top of the tag...the birdcage was cut from another piece of the paper in the kit....the trim at the bottom is by Tando Creative and has been coloured with the distress inks, doodled and crackle glaze added.

I've still got loads of pieces of card and paper left for other projects.

TFL x

1 comment:

LoraineC said...

Love the ideas on this blog.