Monday 28 October 2013

how to get the most from your dies....

I'm always looking for more ways to use my dies.... the majority of them are a big investment and I need to ensure that I get my moneys worth!!

So, after re-doing my storage for my plastic stored dies I had loads of plastic wallets left over, so I had the idea of creating my own stencils and masks.... so I started by cutting the acetate so that I had flat sections to work with and selected the below die....


I tried to cut the pictured die using the acetate - but, it wouldn't cut.... I tried it with loads of shims, tried to cut thro' the pieces but it just wouldn't work.... not sure if its me or that the die is too thin and intricate to cut acetate.... not one to give up, I found some more packaging and cut out some snowflakes using the alterations die...


the heavier die worked well.... using the acetate and some texture paste I added some snowflakes to a tag..



I then painted the tag using acryllic paint


ummmm - I then added my mask again and painted my snowflakes, gave the tag a spritz of glimmer mist and added some stamping...I then stamped out Father Christmas and a saying onto cardstock, coloured and inked the edges then added same... the tag was finished off by adding some ribbon, a tassle and pearl and gold edging.


TFL

No comments: