Sunday 11 May 2014

DIY - Part #1

Hello and a happy Sunday to you lovely scrappers!!

I have a little post all about DIY for you today.
I'm talking scrapbooking obviously and not housey stuff : )

Now this weekend is a free postage and packing weekend incase you didn't see.
(all orders over £10) I just wanted to mention that before I carry on with my post.

Back to the DIY.
Simple Stories have this really fun collection. DIY BOUTIQUE.
I love it!!
I used these really colourful frames - Insta Frames - that also come with all these cards on my LO.


And whilst we are talking DIY, I also made my own background using plain white cardstock, one of the new Craftersworkshop stencils and some pastels.

 
Layering up a couple of the Simple Stories frames and the little cards, I made this layout.
 
 
I love how fun and bright this collection is. And you get a lot to play with for £3.99.
 
 
I think I look like I was actually enjoying myself a lot more than my lovely hubby, but he promises me that he was supposed to be looking 'loving'. We were having a really nice family lunch out when that photo was taken I promise you and we honestly weren't in the middle of an argument when a camera was suddenly thrust in to our faces. I can assure you : )
 
 Back to the layout.
I doodled with a black pen around the edges of everything to help it stand out.
 
 
I wrapped a little twine around one of the frames.
 
 
And finished off with some flat backed sticky pearls, a little stamping and some blobs of mist. Always a great way to add a little extra colour.
 
 
I hope you are able to squeeze in some scrappy time in this weekend and don't forget to make use of the free shipping this weekend : )
 
I have some more DIY to share with you later this week.
 
Lisa x 
 
 
 
 
  


1 comment:

Leslie said...

Love the layout, love Simple Stories too. Great ideas, thanks.