Wednesday 7 May 2014

Journalling with Paperartsy stamps...

Hi Carol with you today, and as promised my post involves the fabulous Paperartsy Eclectica no 8 plate by Darcy.

I use a lot of paint in my projects and, like all crafters, hate waste - so my little journal is always at hand for the left overs…..

I started off with this:-


I built up my background by using acrylic paint thro' a stencil, dripping two colours of dylusion spray inks, and washi tape.  After outlining the dripped shapes and adding shading to the washi tape - I then added a wash of pastel crayons around the outside…..I then stamped direct to the page the three "house" shapes from Darcys eclectic no 8 , I then stamped them again onto patterned paper.  For the first house I added a paper pierced roof (no chimney) and the connecting rod….the colours were added by using a mixture of oil based crayons…. the middle section had the inner door and stem and little flower heads paper pierced.  The far side had all definition added with colour and shading.  The stars where stamped direct to the page and then coloured in with a gold pen.  The phrase was added at the bottom of the page.  Doodling around the edges finished it all off.

Here is the finished page



TFL

1 comment:

hotpotato said...

Like this one Carol.