Sunday 7 September 2014

Basic Grey -

Hi, Carol with you today!

Have you seen the new releases from Basic Grey which have just been received in the shop?  Both look really bright and funky, and since I'm usually a "grungy" sort of crafter, I decided to try and use these bright papers in my projects…so, first up is…


I had the 6x6 "second city" pad, these pads are great as you get 2 pages of each of the 18 designs, which gives you great scope to add to your projects.  For todays project I decided to make an a5 sized card - my base is white cardstock creased into my card base….. I have cut a strip of the striped paper and adhered to one side.  Using the dotted paper and the purple paper from the pad I have made some "petal" shapes - I have made a template by drawing onto a piece of cardboard and using this to draw around on the two different sheets…but, there are several different stamp sets out there, and die sets,  (another die set here) which you can use to the same effect…..I have then edged my "petals" with black soot distress ink and covered with distress stickles rock candy…. I have then attached a large button from my stash. I then cut three strips of the yellow card and edged with black ink for the bottom…..Happy Birthday was then stamped using distress ink and edged using a black pen.

I will be using the same papers again for my next project, hope to see you then.

TFL

No comments: