Monday 22 September 2014

Introducting... Karen Barker

Today we would like to introduce you all to our new member of the design team....Karen Barker!! We have always loved Karens style and are honoured to have her join our team to bring you tips and inspiration.
Here's what Karen had o say about this layout...

'Papermaze sent me some beautiful papers from the Carta Bella Moments & Memories range, 2 sheets of Bazzil card stock, plus some embellishments, ribbon, tags, brads wood pieces and avocado liquid pearls.
Firstly I cut the floral paper at 11.5cm and added the scalloped border on the sticker sheet, and then fussy cut the flourishes from the paper. Cut out the clock from the Tim Holtz weathered clock die from Kraft card stock I had left over from my own stash, and cut out a banner from the patterned paper. I then placed my pieces along with my photo so I could then decide were to add my clusters of flowers, title, stickers, studio calico wooden shapes and frames. I have watered down the liquid pearls to make a paint to colour my frames and used small dots of the pearls directly from the bottle. Distressed the edges of the card with brushed corduroy distress ink and  tattered rose distress ink on the flowers.'

Thank you Karen for sharing how you created this layout. If you would like a chance to have your work posted here on our blog, email any projects you have made using products we sell to louizabelle@hotmail.co.uk
 

2 comments:

hotpotato said...

So pleased Karen has decided to join the DT team at Papermaze,she is very talented not just scrapbooking but her cards and her altered art is amazing too, you must get her to show case some for you. Love the LO Karen, look forward to seeing what else you have to offer, it'll be fab whatever it is.

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

That's a beautiful layout and Karen is a very talented lady. Well done Karen.