Saturday 21 February 2015

Sharing a Little Family Love

If you love bright colours and fun designs then you need to check out the 'Family Forever' collection from Bella BLVD.

It's Lisa here with you today playing with bright happy colours to brighten up the wet and cold February days.

Here is my LO.


I started off by adding some watercolours to my LO. If you don't have water colours you can use watercolour pencils or watered down acrylics or sometimes I take a little pot of water and dip my paintbrush in to a mist and then in the water to use on a LO. You get that same watered down colour wash effect.


Once dry I added some of the fun Bella BLVD papers over the painted area.
I then took a 6x6 mask and laid over the top. My favourite kind for this are the Crafters Workshop stencils. They are good and sturdy and don't move when you scrape a thick medium over the top. This means you get the full pattern of the mask come through. It's good to build up a nice collection of masks so you don't get bored of using the same ones over and over. I used this one here. Kaleidoscope.
I took a thick moulding paste and a palette knife (an old credit card will also work) and scraped the thick medium across, revealing the wonderful pattern when removed.
This takes a little while to dry.

 
When the paste is dry, it's time to have some fun with the Bella BLVD stickers.
I also cut up some of this cute heart paper - Language of Love.
Before you start cutting out the hearts though take a look at all the words on the reverse.
I used these for my title, so make sure you don't want to use any of the words before you start hacking away.
Did you spot the 'Family Forever' tag on the photo above?
That's actually the name of the collection that's printed along the bottom of all of these papers. The bit you would usually cut off and bin. These are often fun to use, so have a look before you throw away.

Talking about titles, here is mine.
I wanted the wording to stand out a little more so I went over in a black journal pen.


The papers are so beautifully designed that I find myself with a lot of fussy cutting when it comes to Bella BLVD. I enjoy this and find it really therapeutic. Add a little foam sticky pad and you have a set of embellishments.


Aren't those little houses adorable?

I hope you enjoyed my little step by step today.
This was such a fun LO to make.
Thank you.
Lisa x




No comments: