Friday 15 May 2015

stencilling ideas….

Hi, Carol with you today, and I am continuing with the stencil theme…

For this post I'm sharing how I use my stencils with my art journalling….

I started by adding some texture paste onto my pages using the pronto stencils…. I added paste thro' the stencils and also added some paste to my pages and pressed the stencil into it… this gives a smoother pattern…. (I forgot to take a picture at this stage) when the texture paste is dry, I then add paint (have you seen the fantastic Dylusions paints by Ranger? the pots have a really big neck which enables great access for paint brushes, fingers, foam…and the lid is great to create circles on your pages - loads of great colours and a good price too - go take  a look here)… don't forget you don't have to use the entire stencil, its a great look to add sections and leave it uneven...









Once my paint is dry I add paint thro' stencils to create my background.  There are a lot of different mediums out there to use with your stencils to add designs to your pages, but, in this instance I have used paint.  I prefer to add the paint with a stencil brush, but, you can use cut and dry or sponges - just add paint in stages rather than in a thick layer this will prevent seepage under your stencil.






These are my finished backgrounds in my journal, just waiting to be finished off….


I will be back at the end of the month with some more stencilling ideas…

TFL xx

No comments: