Thursday 6 August 2015

party bags

July is always a busy month in our household. Not only is it heading towards the summer holidays but its also a month of events like school sports day, parent sharing days and school trips and  my son's birthday, and every year I agonise over the party bags.
Which ones to buy, theme and what to put in them, so this year I made them.
As it was his 7th birthday, I went with the theme super hero's, and a good friend lent me some stamps she had, that worked perfectly with the theme.


So my Kraft paper bags were from a book shop in town 4 for £1.00, perfect, a good size and reasonably priced. Firstly I cut a strip of coloured card at 4.5cm and distressed the edges in black ink and put to one side. I then used my kasiercraft tiny dot clear stamp to create my background and then adhered my coloured card strip. I stamped the words "Super and Boom" on some smooth white card with black ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder, cut them out and coloured them in with my promarkers. These were super quick and easy to make, and everyone appeared to love having an original party bag to take home.

No comments: