Wednesday 2 March 2016

Pebbles Winter Wonderland

Hi there its Julie here Happy New Year to you all.  I'm here today with the gorgeous Winter Wonderland collection from Pebbles.  It's an absolute must for any Frozen fans out there and all those wonderful wintry pictures you may have.

Firstly I kept it pretty simple and did a little card using the Pebbles "Chips" Snowflake pack and a pack of the Ephemera chips.  These packs are absolutely stuffed full of pieces that can be used for cards, tags and layouts.  I used the Creative Expressions Frosty Swirls embossing folder to emboss a piece of Bazzill cardstock to use as the background, I then cut two strips of paper from the 6x6 paper pad to create a look of a present bow.  I then used the snowflakes as a background and placed a snowman from the ephemera pack onto some foam dots and put him in the foreground of the card.  It only took a few minutes and yet looks so effective.  The Merry Christmas was from the gorgeous Shimelle collection, I clear embossed it onto a piece of card and then used Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass distress ink to bring out the image.



I then created a tag again using the Chips ephemera pack. I firstly cut out two tag shapes, one out of white cardstock and another from a piece of paper in the 6x6 paper pad (I eyeballed it but there are lots of wonderful tag dies on the market).  I then embossed the white tag using the Frosty Swirls folder and then used my distress ink tool with Chipped Saphire and Tumbled Glass on them and gently ran it over the embossing to add colour.  I then simply adhered two elements from the Ephemera pack on the tag to create a cute handmade princess tag.



Finally I created a layout using some lovely pictures from a recent trip to Disneyland Paris with the Frozen Queen herself Elsa.  I painted a piece of Bazzill cardstock very roughly with white paint, I then sprayed some gold spray on top of it and also used gold texture paste and a mini polka dot stencil to create my background.  I then used the papermaze doilies and elements from the snowflake and ephemera Chips to create clusters round my photos.  To add a little bit of something different I decided to use my Fuse tool.  I placed a small picture inside a Fuse Waterfall pocket and fused it closed.  I then added some sequins to another pocket and fused that pocket closed.  I then fused both pockets together.  I had a great picture of Elsa blowing kisses which I mounted on several co-ordinating pieces of the 6x6 paper pad and placed on the layout.  Just above this photo I cut a slit into my Bazill cardstock and popped the top of the fused pockets through the slit.  This meant that the fused pockets sat on top of the photo of Elsa blowing kisses.  I added some tape to the back of the Bazill cardstock to adhere the pockets into place and have ended up with a photo of my little one dressed as Elsa on top, a sequin clear pocket through which you can see Elsa blowing kisses which was to create the effect that she was blowing sequins kisses to her.  It was really fun to add a little interactive element to a layout, something that I will definitely do more of in 2016!






Thank so much for reading xxx

2 comments:

Anita said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the colour combination and how you have made the fused pocket. x

Unknown said...

Thank you Anita xxxx