Thursday 31 March 2016

Hello Gorgeous

Hello everyone,

This month I was able to use the beautiful My Minds Eye range Hello Gorgeous.  The gorgeous florals and teal colouring was an absolute winner for me.  I felt the range had a wonderful retro feel so decided to pair it with some pictures from a "Back to the Future" 50's event that my family went to.  I saw an idea for a pennant layout on Instagram and adapted it to suit my style.




I used various sheets from the Hello Gorgeous range and cut out lots of various sized pennants using my Big Shot Plus , I even cut out my photos into pennants!  I originally used one sheet as my background and decided it was a bit too "busy" and decided to go against all my natural instincts and rip the paper in half and put a co-ordinating sheet of pink Bazzill cardstock to break up the two pieces of patterned paper.  However, I found this looked quite stark in the middle of the floral paper and decided to take my gorgeous Tim Holtz Scribbles stencil and some pink ink and go over the whole of the pink cardstock to acheive a subtle, pretty background.




I then layered my pennants on top of each other with a couple of buttons and ephemera from my old stash from October Afternoon.  I finally decided to try and make my title look like a little banner too and used two paperclip arrows from Freckled Fawn to form the ends of the banner.

I hope you enjoyed this layout, thanks for looking xxx

1 comment:

Anita said...

What beautiful papers. I love how you have used them too! Perfect with those fab photos x