Monday 7 March 2016

Product Review - Heidi Swapp Texture paste

Hi, Carol with you today.  Back in February Vanessa added some Heidi Swapp products to the online shop.  One of the sections is Texture paste.  The texture paste comes in four different colours, metallic silver and gold and then a pale blue and pink.  I had the gold one.

Now, I love mixed media and I have loads of different mediums.  All so very different! This texture paste comes in a tube - so I put some onto my craft mat and lifted with my pallet knife.  The texture is really light and like a mousse, and when it dries is FANTASTIC! is so shiny and smooth…the light texture means that its easy to use with stencils and gives a really good impression if you stamp into it.  another benefit is that it cleans off your stencils so easily too… a real must if you like to add a coloured texture to your work..

So, to demonstrate just how shiny and vibrant this product is I made this card…. 



The base is a white C6 card and I masked off a rectangle using post it notes…I then stamped the flower from the Kay Carley 01 plate, which is out of stock, but, take a look at the other flower stamps from the Paperartsy range, all are gorgeous.    I then stamped the image again onto a post it to make a mask.  With the mask in place I added distress ink using a blending tool….Adding a stencil I then added more distress ink…moving the stencil slightly I then added the gold texture paste…if you ensure that your mask stays in place it gives this lovely textured look… once everything was dry I then stamped the flower again so that the stem was off the pages…doodling and a bit of distress ink on my flower finished off my card.

Here is a close up of the texture paste…


TFL xx

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Great looking product Carol, I want to try this too. Love your card. xx