Friday 13 May 2016

Journal pages - part 1

Hello, Carol with you this Friday 13th!! hope no one is superstitious!

So, today I'm sharing with you a couple of pages in my large art journal that I have just started…. its strange that I see some product I just have to have and I have colour bursts does anyone else do the same?  At the moment I'm into lime green…just love it.. but, then I saw these dylusion paints and just had to have:- cherry pie (wow this is a gorgeous colour, really deep red magenta mix), dirty martini (this really is dirty - its fab with a slight touch of brown), tangerine dream (such a gorgeous orange) and calypso teal (wowser).  Colours sorted.

Then, my other must use is my texture paste, as I've mentioned before, this ranger product is great as you get three little pots, and there is loads in each pot, of three different mediums which gives you a great taster to see if you would use the product and also which one you like and would like to buy the larger tubs…. so, medium sorted. Use a spatula to add to your products.

Now I have a really obsession (what another one?) yep, stencils - I have hundreds and that isn't an exaggeration (ask Vanessa). Anyway, there are some great new stencils in the shop and these two are just must haves:- circuit board and spot on.  There are different thickness of stencil and these "that special touch" stencils are lovely and thick and ideal for using loads of different mediums and getting a lovely crisp image.  Stencils sorted.

So, here are my pages:-



So, onto my bare pages I stencilled texture paste, once dry I added the dylusion paints….these dry really quickly once dry I then replaced my stencil over the top of my painted texture paint and added some gold paint with a stencil brush…. the circuit board images I added paint using my fingers as I didn't want a defined image… some paint stamping was also added… so, this is part 1 of my journal pages…next time I will show you the finished piece…

TFL xx

No comments: