Friday 30 September 2016

Kaisercraft - Barber Shoppe - Part 1

Hi Lynn here today! Sharing with you the first of two layouts I have created with the masculine Kaisercraft Barber Shoppe collection.  These very versatile papers include some great general backgrounds and some more specifically themed ones, such as planes, vintage cars, playing cards and time pieces - to name a few. Great for scrapbooking photos of the handsome gents in your life.

Sorting through some old photographs with my father, we found several of him as a young man in the 1950’s making and flying his model planes. He really enjoyed looking at these pictures and it brought back many happy memories, he was able to tell me so much about these events. This is especially important as these days he has problems with sort term memory!

Paper, Wood and Glue


For my first layout I picked a photo of Dad making a model plane at home. I started with a sheet of grey Bazzill Basicscardstock, adding a sheet of dotty patterned paper (groomed) cut to 11.5” x 11.5”.  I cut all the separate coloured planks from the 'comb' paper and distressed them with the Tim Holtz Paper Distresser. The edges were then inked with weathered wood Distress Ink before being stuck to my base. Next I used antique white Distress Paint to add rings using two different size bottle lids. These were followed by several splats using weathered wood and walnut stain Distress Stain. The background was finished off by adding tiny copper nail heads using Liquid pearls.




From another Kaisercraft collection (
BonAppetit) I cut a ring from the burlap effect paper (Fresh). I cut letters for my title with the Cricut and black Bazzill Basics cardstock, this was dry brushed with weathered wood and antique linen Distress Paints and completed with a heavy layer of Glossy Accents.

With some scrap cardstock I cut lots of cogs using
Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Thinlits Die Set - Gearhead
. I covered these with a selection of embossing powders - silver, gold, black and copper. I made many more than I needed to use on future layouts, so I now have a nice little stock.

Other embellishments were from the shop or my stash and the stickers were from the Barber Shoppe sticker sheet. 

Back soon with another layout made from this great collection.

Thanks for looking
Lynn x

2 comments:

Anita said...

Fabulous layout Lynn and such a wonderful photo xx Love the Distress Stain splats and how you have used the Liquid Pearls for the nail heads xx

Lynn said...

Thank you Anita. x