Monday 26 September 2016

thoughtful- Blue fern studio

Once again i used Blue Fern Studio Tranquillity collection for this layout. I knew i wanted to used the blissful patterned paper as it had this look of a large vintage postcard.
Firstly i coated my paper in clear gesso, so i could add lots of inks, mists and multi media to my page.
Then i started fiddling with the concept of using 3 black and white photos with the same image, but 2 of them were zoomed in and printed off using my cannon selphy. Once i started layering them on top of each other with silicone glue, i then knew that is was going to be the focal point of my page.
I then wanted to create a battered postcard matt. Using the calm patterned paper i stamped one of my Tim Holtz postcard stamps to the top of the paper and distressed, tore and inked the paper.
Made a paper twine circle which i tied and stapled to sit behind the matt


Back to the 12x12 paper, i added some thick white gesso through a crafters workshop cherry blossom stencil. Let that dry and went about adding my inks and mists that i had amongst my stash. I finally added a small flower, 2 leaves and a very tiny butterfly which was cut out from the waste strip at the bottom of the paper

 Close ups





No comments: