Monday 19 June 2017

Graphic 45 - Vintage Hollywood - Part 1

Hello! Lynn here today with the first of several posts using the Graphic 45 - Vintage Hollywood collection. I think these papers are fascinating with all the attention to detail on each theme, but sometimes that makes them a bit of a challenge to use for scrapbooking pages when you need the photographs to be the focal point. These collections all have double-sided, heavyweight, good quality papers.

I had four sheets of 12" x 12" paper and a sheet of cardstock stickers. Together with some Bazzill cardstock I have created four layouts and some cards. Today I'm sharing the first two layouts, both have been made with one sheet of 'Star Studded' paper.




I was drawn to this collection as it was ideal for featuring photographs of some of the plays my daughter has been involved in.

Agatha Christie - And Then There Were None - 2015 UK Tour
For this layout I gutted a sheet of 'Star Studded' paper to make a 1" frame then I layered up Bazzill cardstock in a teal colour (10.5" x 10.5") and Cream Puff (10" x 10"). The Teal cardstock was also gutted, to give me enough card to do the punching and matting.
I created a starry background by lightly stenciling through a Tim Holtz Layering Stencil with Distress Ink - Mermaid Lagoon. This ink pad was also used to ink the edges of paper and stickers.
Stickers were selected from the 'Cardstock Sticker' sheet - photo corners, and two tags. I also took letters and numbers from this sheet to add the title.

I cut a teal cardstock mat for each photo and tag. A Crop-A-Dile was used to punch holes and I added narrow, bright orange ribbons.

In keeping with the Art Deco period I used the Martha Stewart Deep Edger Punch - Daisy Fan, with a few flat-backed pearls.

To finish I used a bronze coloured metal clip and a smattering of sequins.


The Wild Party - The Other Theatre
The Wild Party is a show my daughter was involved with in London earlier this year.

For this page I used:
12" x 12" Navy Bazzill cardstock gutted to make a 1" frame
Cream Bazzill cardstock cut to 11.5" x 11.5", with the corners rounded
The gutted area of 'Star Studded' paper from before cut to 8.5" x 8"
The same MS punch with the gutted area of navy cardstock
Photos matted with Gold Miri card and navy cardstock
Distress Ink - Chipped Sapphire for inking the edges of the papers
Letter & number stickers from the Cardstock sticker sheet
Title cut from Miri card using Cricut and the Rivanna font
Finished off with flat- backed bling.
Back with more 'Vintage Hollywood' soon
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

1 comment:

Anita said...

Super pages Lynn, aren't they absolutely perfect for those pics too! xx