Wednesday 28 June 2017

wedding part 2

so as you can see this post is heavily laden with pictures some of which doesn't show how stunning the kasiercraft PS i love you papers are. Firstly I'm using a tando letter tray heart. It comes in 4 parts one whole heart back base, and 3 frames that sit on top that should be glued together to create a platform for memorabilia to sit on.
I wanted to make something quite flat that i could hang and add a small photo of the couple. So i drew around my base part and used only one frame. The original base and the rest i would use for a later project. I wanted to make one of my apertures bigger so i could add a photo. That was easy enough to do with a sharp craft knife. Painted the frame in a dark colour, used crackle glaze and a lighter stone colour added to the top.
The rest was just adding papers to the apertured areas.The decorative flourish to the sides of the heart
where done using a tim holtz  thinlits mixed media set #2. 


Flowers were made using tattered pine cones die, punched and die cut leaves. The "just married", is a small sizzix die, date of wedding added to the frame and a small hanger finishes off the piece.


close up of the flourish die and stitching


next piece is a memory box created in much the same way as the guest book. A painted kraft box in a chalk finish off white colour and a decorated lid. The same stamped focal image and flowers and leaves around the side of the oval. sewing machine stitched edges and a date in the bottom corner


Finally something to put all my creations in. Pintrest is an addictive app, and something i often search to get ideas which many of us do. Well I'd been looking at decorated apple crates/wooden boxes and all seemed to have this etched name and date idea and i wondered if i could also create something similar at a fraction of the price.
I knew that amongst my old girl guiding stuff i had a pyrography kit (wood burning kit) of which i got for my 15th birthday and wondered if it still worked.(I'm now in my 40's) And to my surprise it did. Searched amongst my clear letter and number stamps, and stamped directly on to the wooden box with grey memento ink. Once stamped i went over with my pyrography set and then gave my wooden box a watered down white wash.


i absolutely love how this turned out, and I'm keen to try it again. I do hope you've enjoyed looking at these wedding creations and much as i have had making them


2 comments:

Anita said...

That is all just so lovely Karen, I bet they loved it. x

PoshPetal said...

Some great ideas Karen. x