Friday 8 December 2017

peace

this layout used the stunning papers from kaiser-craft Christmas Edition. Its a monochrome set which i felt was very different for Christmas  and suited my style of scrapbooking
My first task was to prime my plain card stock with  clear gesso. I knew i wanted to create a background with distress oxides but i didn't want the card to get saturated with inks and clear gesso allows that to happen without deteriorating the card.


I added some ink from spruced ice D/O on to an acrylic block and then spritzed some water and then stamped with his across my page it did this several times till i was happy with the out come and then let it air dry and flicked some black D/O ink on top. I then took one of my background stamps from my stash and stamped over the ink.


I printed off a 6x4 black and white photo and with it mounted it on a piece of torn Christmas Tale patterned paper. It was then i felt it looked like a wanted poster. I then mounted this on to black card and then cut strips of wood grain from the Coal patterned paper. Then went about making a cluster in the corner of fussy cut flowers, pine cones, and holly with some wooden embellishments.
Made a banner and added some jewellery chain, some cardboard buttons which i coloured with the spruced ice D/O ink. Stamped a stag on to some patterned paper and added a red gem for its nose and the finally added a silver transparent title "PEACE" Finally added some gun metal coloured sequins across my page

Above a close up of the inking and stamping. And below a close up of the cluster and stag head


1 comment:

Lynn said...

Love this use of Balck and white with a hitnt of red. x