Monday 12 March 2018

Kaisercraft - Romantique - Part 3

Hello, Lynn here to share a little more of the Kaisercraft Romantique collection. I really enjoyed working with these lovely papers for the design team, I simply had to buy some more!

I particularly liked both sides of the sheet called 'Boutique' so had to have two of these! This is the sheet I based today's layout on. 




This layout is another for Emily and Jack's wedding album, and is all about the wedding cake I made for them. I wanted to dedicate a page to a photo of the cake, but there is a story behind the making of the cake, which I decided to tell using a Project Life style page. Otherwise there would have been several pages just for the cake!

Here is the page depicting the story behind making the cake, uisng a  Project Life  Page Protector. 



As you can see I used some of the same papers and techniques on the story page as I had used for the main page to tie it all together.


The base paper is 'Parisian', I gutted this so I could use some for the story page. Then I trimmed down the 'Boutique' paper, distressed the edges and inked them with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink. I made some tears into this paper and treated them in the same way. I stitched around the edges with the sewing machine and black thread.

I used a Tim Holtz Layering stencil 'Gothic'. with texture paste in various places over the paper. The photo mounts were cut from 'RSVP' and 'Boudoir'. These were treated in the same way as the other papers.



I had a small kraft doily which I cut up and placed inder the corners and tears in the Boutique paper.


I took the two corner swirls from the Dusty Attic Baroque Frames Chipboard set, I painted them with Hickory Smoke Distress Paint and then a layer of Glossy Accents.



I cut several butterflies from the Acetate Butterflies sheet and a few Queen and Co. Silver Pearls to add to the layout.



Finally I added the title with some green felt American Craft Thickers and some old Provo letter stickers.



Thanks for looking and I will be back next month with some ideas using the new Distress Oxide Inks.
Lynn x

2 comments:

Anita said...

What a great way to showcase such a gorgeous and special cake Lynn. I really love that you have managed to tell the whole story with the PL side to the double layout and still showcased the cake on its own page too. Really elegant. Their wedding album is going to be absolutely gorgeous xx

Karen said...

Lovely layouts Lynn. The stencilled texture paste works really well and that cake is amazing.